Is it possible to access YouTube on a Peloton bike or tread? Yes, indeed. You can both view and install the YouTube app on your Peloton bike or tread.
However, it may not be immediately evident how to achieve this on your Peloton screen. Nevertheless, it is entirely feasible to watch YouTube on your Peloton by following some tablet-related tips that can enable direct streaming on the bike or tread.
In this blog, we will discuss how to watch YouTube on Peloton without a subscription. Let’s dive in!
To watch YouTube on your Peloton, you can access Peloton’s developer mode, which allows direct streaming on your tablet. Alternatively, you have the option to download the YouTube app onto your Peloton touchscreen. Let’s proceed with the methods for watching YouTube on Peloton:
- First, access your Peloton account and locate the three dots positioned at the lower right-hand corner, typically leading to the bike or treadmill settings.
- On this occasion, opt for “About,” situated at the bottom of the screen. Then, click on the tab, which will reveal your bike’s information.
- Now, here’s the crucial step: tap the empty space next to the equipment information seven times. Make sure to tap rapidly without interruption. If your initial attempt is unsuccessful, don’t be disheartened; this is a trial-and-error process, so perseverance is key.
- Upon success, you’ll gain access to a whole new realm on your Peloton bike or Tread, previously hidden. However, it’s worth noting that all the Android features available on a standard Android device will be at your disposal.
- Pay attention to the green WebView Browser Tester, as this is what we’re interested in. Click on it.
- A web browser will open, allowing you to input a URL of your choosing. For instance, you can enter YouTube.com in the search bar and initiate the search.
- Now, you can enjoy watching any movie, sitcom, music video, or comedy while pushing yourself on your bike or treadmill, letting your mind wander elsewhere.
- Begin by clicking on the three dots situated at the lower right-hand corner, granting access to the Peloton settings.
- From there, choose the bottom-most option, “About,” which will provide access to details regarding your Peloton bike or treadmill.
- Continuously tap on “build number” until it confirms that you now possess developer status.
- Unlock Developer Access and navigate to Security, which further leads to Settings. Within the settings menu, activate the “Unknown Sources” option, granting permission for the installation of external apps.
- Return to the default Peloton settings by once again tapping at the lower right-hand corner, where the Peloton icon is displayed.
- Select “About” from the settings menu, which will direct you to information about your bike.
- Now, swiftly tap the blank space seven times, causing several Android apps to appear. Among these, select “WebView Browser Tester” to access browsing options.
- Simply click on the “Apps” section and search for YouTube.
- Then, click on the YouTube app and initiate the download process.
If none of the above methods work, then you can access YouTube on Peloton without subscription in the following way.
- Start by establishing a wireless network (Wi-Fi) connection for your bike, located in the upper right corner.
- Next, navigate to the settings, found in the upper right-hand corner, and select “Device Settings.”
- Choose “About tablet,” and a pop-up displaying legal information related to the bike or treadmill will appear. Click on “Legal Information.”
- Afterward, click on any part of the pop-up (choose from the available options), triggering another pop-up to appear.
- Look for the “Web Browser” option within this new pop-up. Tap on the browser option and input the URL for the YouTube website.
Exploring the Peloton bike for more satisfaction gets better with curiosity. And with a way to get around how to watch YouTube on Peloton without a subscription, nothing feels like a better achievement. Most amazingly, you can always go back to the Peloton default settings at will to ensure the safety of your tablet.