Are you looking at how to turn off Discover people on Instagram? Then you are at the right place. Instagram is one of the most used Social media apps through which you can build connections with people worldwide.
You can also find people under Instagram discover people feature. Under this feature, you can see other people you might know and send connection requests.
This feature helps find a connection, but some people don’t like it and need to learn how to get rid of Discover people on Instagram.
In this blog, we will discuss what people discover on Instagram and how to turn off Discover People on Instagram in just a few simple steps.
Discover people on Instagram helps you to connect with your friends and people you want to follow. This amazing feature on Instagram offers suggestions for the potential accounts to follow based on your interests and other factors. It’s a way for users to explore content from different users and expand their network on the platform.
The Discover People section on Instagram typically includes recommendations like:
- Suggested for You: Instagram offers accounts it believes you might be interested in following. These suggestions are based on your existing interactions, hashtags you’ve used, and accounts you follow.
- Popular Accounts: This section may show you popular and trending accounts on the platform that get users a lot of engagement and attention.
- Contacts: Instagram can scan your phone’s contacts and suggest accounts that match those contacts. This is useful for finding friends or acquaintances already on the platform.
- Facebook Friends: If you have connected your Instagram account to Facebook, you might see suggestions based on your Facebook friends who are also on Instagram.
- Recommended for You: This section can display accounts similar to the ones you already follow. It’s based on the platform’s algorithms and your interests.
- Explore Tags: You can also explore content by clicking on hashtags that interest you. This can lead you to posts and accounts related to those hashtags.
Turning off the Discover people on Instagram is simple and easy. Here is a step-by-step guide for you.
Step-1: Open your Instagram account
Step-2: Tap on the profile option n the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step-3: Tap on the user icon on the right side of the screen.
Step -4: Discover people will now disappear from your profile. Re-tap the icon to make it appear again.
Note: If you relaunch the app and log in, Discover People might be on itself. You need to
turn it off again.
If you don’t want to know how to turn off Discover people on Instagram but want to remove some people, follow these simple steps.
Step -1: Login to your Instagram account.
Step-2: Tap on the bottom right corner of your profile.
Step-3: Tap on the see all option
Step-4: Tap the “X” option on the people’s profile you want to remove.
If you want to avoid your profile being suggested, here is a simple step to prevent your profile from being presented to others.
This works only on the Instagram web.
Step -1: Open instgram.com on your web
Step – 2: Log in to your profile.
Step -3: Tap on the profile picture icon on the bottom right corner of your screen.
Step -4: Under the settings, tap on the edit profile.
Step -5: Uncheck the box next to the option of similar account suggestions.
Step -6: Simply tap on the Submit.
Turning off the “Discover People” option on Instagram might give you more control over your interactions and the information you engage with on the platform. Follow the steps below to learn how to turn off Instagram’s discover people feature. This step allows you to curate your Instagram feed based on your preferences and interests, ensuring that your interactions are more consistent with your existing network and intended online experience.